Well, let’s make no further mistakes about it: it’s Summer. Fort Saint Davids provides this list of Summer Advice. As always, there’s no particular order.
1. Eat a cool, crisp salad, while reading your weekly New Yorker short story.
2. Take a watermelon to the park, with a friend or two, slice it up, and eat it, seated in the green grass beneath the warm sun.
3. Beach, any beach.
4. Enter the woods, where the air is cooled by the nearby creek.
5. Afternoon Summer Blockbuster Air-Conditioned Movie Marathon (w./buttery popcorn and a soda): #1 Guilty Pleasure of the Summer.
6. Install an air-conditioning unit in your bedroom and move the cats food, water, and scratch pad into the bedroom (because the stuffy summer heated house is stressing out the poor cat). Watch DVDs on your laptop, in the cool bedroom, with the cat. Summer bliss!
7. Swim in a river, any river, as long as its a clean river.
8. HIKE TO THE TOP OF A MOUNTAIN WHERE THERE’S SNOW and have a SUMMER SNOWBALL FIGHT!!!!
9. Read the epic novel of your choice, reclining in a folding chair, on a lawn or a grassy backyard, drinking homemade lemonade from a glass.
10. Go ahead, you deserve it, take an extra shower today.
12. Rope swing!
13. Inflatable tube!
14. Stay inside, where it’s cool, and read the Daily Miltonian archives in their entirety.
15. Enjoy your summer, you Miltonians you.